Sunday, November 26, 2006

Fushimi Inari II


II? When was the I? Nah, forget it, the past is the past and I didn't have an ample amount of time to post then. So here we go.
Last November 3 was a holiday here in Japan, we (Gloridel, Sheira and I) decided to conquer the great mountains sorrounding the Fushimi Inari Taisha. Remember the movie "Memoirs of a Geisha" or "Saiyuri"? This was the place with the long trail of orange gates that the child Saiyuri ran on to wish for love.

The first half of the journey was the hardest, it was an uphill trail so it was very tiresome. We had brunch halfway of the uphill climb.

The second half was easy since it's mostly downhill. The entire trail could probably be completed in an average of 2 hours for an athletic and healthy person. But then we're not really that athletic, are we? I'm pretty sure that I ain't that healthy either, so it took us longer to complete the route.


No comments: