Saturday, June 16, 2007

Minamikata Karaoke!


June 15, 2007, "Thank God it's Friday!" For the rest of my スリマスター colleagues, they are probably saying something different like "Thank God, it's payday!"
We had plans to go to Karaoke later that day and so I was very excited. I've always loved karaoke. Even if I can't carry out a single note properly, it never discouraged me to shout and sing my heart out. I'm quite the boldface one when it comes to the hoarding the microphone. hehehe. :P

At around 8:30 PM we arrived at the Karaoke place which was on top of Mos Burger near Minamikata Station of the Hankyu Line. The party consisted of Taku-chan, Naoki-chan, Tanabe-san and of course, me! The food arrived not long after we sat down and we started munching while browsing the pages for songs to sing.
After stuffing ourselves we started the singing streak. This time I discovered another secret star powered singer! Before it was Yoshi-san when I had an all girl night out in Namba. This time it's Taku-chan. May it be an English or a Japanese song, name it and he can sing it!

And I don't mean just the literal type of singing, I'm talking about a performance level type of singing! Way to go Taku-chan, keep at it! Maybe someday you might even earn more money through singing than tapping the keyboard.

Naoki-chan was another surprise when we sang Mariah Carey's Hero song together. It's refreshing to discover a guy who can sing a Mariah Carey song and a Japanese one at that. He might look a little boyish/girlish because of his hair (I call him a girly boy :P) but he's a really sweet guy. :)



Tanabe-san didn't sing a single song that night. He owes me a whole set of songs. It's probably really hard to convince this guy to sing since sober or drunk, he said he never sings...hmmmmm...
It was another great night of full fun, new discoveries and money consumption. It was worth every cent even if I go poor for the rest of the week. ;)

No comments: