Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Takagishi-san


Mayuka Takagishi is the name of my new friend in the office. She graced us with her presence last week June 30, 2008. At first I wasn't able to talk to her much but on Thursday of that first week, I finally gathered my courage to talk to her and ask for her name. Since Lu left the main office, I have been feeling down and depressed. And so I was very happy and excited when she arrived because it means that there will be another woman in the same room and the same office that I can talk to. When we went out to lunch the first time, she told me that she will be assigned to Fujitsu Ten the next week. That moment made me want to cry and laugh at the same time. :P Oh, what irony! I was finally happy but the feeling was snatched away in just a split of a second. Oh well, that's life...
We didn't let that fact hinder us from knowing each other though. We decided to eat lunch together and talk as much as we could before she leaves the main office. She loves to eat cakes, which is convenient for me since I love to eat too(anything but fish!). She likes the color pink and she dreams of becoming rich. She also likes Pachinko and goes there almost everyday(she should meet Hotta-san because he is a pachinko addict too!).

For our first lunch together we went to Mother Moon Cafe near the office. It was a hidden restaurant in a sense because it was fronted by a home furnishing store that made it invisible from the outside. The food there was great but what I loved there was the lemonade. It tasted like the ones I drink back home. We shared a fruit tart there. It was the best-looking strawberry topped fruit tart I've ever seen! It tasted just as sweet as it looked.

We also had lunch at the Tooth Tooth Garden Restaurant at the 11th floor of Sogo Hotel. The garden was very pretty and the dessert was fantastic! I only wish these lunches and meals together could last forever but sadly once she goes to Fujitsu Ten in Kobe we will not be able to do these things anymore.

I hope someday she can come back and be my eating partner. Together we can explore the great world of delicious food and mouth watering desserts!:)

No comments: