Monday, September 15, 2008

Dinner with Addtech People


From left to right : Kawai-san, Sugawara-san, Nishino-san, Me, Jin, Mizugai-san, Morohashi-san
The night of September 10, 2008 we went out to dinner at a place called Watami.
It was located on the upper floor of the McDonald's near the office.The event was graced by 7 people including me. At the beginning of the event I didn't know the name of the guest of honor(the new Addtech employee), at the end of the dinner, I still didn't.(I'm such a badass, really!) It was only after I ask Jin when we were heading home that I learned his name(Kawai-san). I felt funny the first time I heard the name because I thought it was the same word that meant "cute" in english. It wasn't, thank God! (nyahahahaha) This guy made a weird comment or was it a joke? I'm not really sure, but he told me if it was possible not to include his face or cut him out when I post our group picture on the net because some agents are after him. At first I really thought it was a joke so I asked him if it was. He said it wasn't with a really serious face. So I got serious too and said OK. But my mind was saying stuff like "dude, are you for real?! C'mon! If you're so scared of these agents why are you even out to dinner with us?!". And then another half of my brain is thinking, maybe he's just a really good joker, poker faced joker. ahihihihihi. :)
That night during dinner I asked the guys a few stuff and they replied.
A few facts I learned that night:
Misugai-san is a very amiable guy, he is cheerful and very jolly. His hobbies are reading novels(Higashino Keigo) and playing the piano. He said he has been trying to learn since 2 years ago but he still can't play until now. (I think it's a joke, I think he's just being humble.)He was the liveliest guy there during the
entire dinner. His refreshing personality put the crowd in a merry mood. He recommended a few places for sightseeing which I asked Jin to remember for me(Japanese names are always hard to remember for me) but sadly, the next morning when I asked him he couldn't remember them too. His favorite actress is Winona Ryder from Alien 4.(She happens to be one of my favorite actress too. We have the same taste in women Misugai-san! hahahaha). He recommended me to watch Tegami[手紙] movie.
Morohashi-san said his hobby is playing soccer. He is Jin's teammate in soccer. He also loves rock and roll. He mentioned many bands that he liked but I only remembered 3 which are Sum41, L'Arc en ciel and Hoobastank. He was there last year during Hoobastank concert so I said I was there too! It would have been nice if this guy and I were close friends. I could have a concert buddy, someone I can go bang my head with during concerts. He said his favorite actress was the girl in Beverly Hills 90210, but he couldn't remember her name. At that time, I couldn't remember either. But now I do, she's Jennie Garth. I think I've seen her recently in "Dancing with the Stars". She's a contestant there but she got eliminated.(too bad!)
Kawai-san's hobby is playing PC network games. I forgot the title of the game that he mentioned he was playing. His favorite actress is the girl in Full House(the American TV series) This is pretty much all I remembered about him since he didn't talk much during the entire dinner.
Sugawara-san's hobby is reading novels. He likes science fiction type of books. He said he like Lord of the Rings!(Me too, COOL!) Every morning meeting that I make a speech, I think he is the only guy who understands me. When I was asking them about movies that they can recommend, I also shared that I have watched Hutaru no Haka[ホタルの墓] which was a really sad movie. I don't know what the Japanese title of that movie was, he was the only one who was able to properly translate it. This guy is probably an English genius. :)
Nishino-san is my Project Leader. He is a genius and a saint! His hobby is photography, I learned this from way before, during Tanaka-san's welcome party. Lately he didn't have much time to indulge in his hobbies though. He mentioned before that his favorite actress is Meg Ryan(I love Meg Ryan too!) He recommended the movie "Spider". I remembered he mentioned before that he likes suspense movies.
Jin's hobby is playing soccer and printing CD/DVD labels. He said he doesn't have a particular favorite actress but since he liked the movie Bio-Hazard, I assumed he likes Milla Jovovich(Sugiura-san and I like her too!) Although he didn't talk much during the dinner, I know more about him than the rest of the people there since we sit beside each other. If I were to write all the things I know, perhaps one blog won't be enough. hehehehe. :P One particular phrase that I couldn't forget among all the things that he told me is "hitori ga suki" which means I like being alone. (He has spoken this phrase so many times that it makes it hard to forget them!)
I hope he doesn't mind having me as a friend though even if he likes to be alone.
I also learned that night that Sakakibara-san's wife just gave birth to their first child. Congratulations, Sakakibara-san! I've known for a long time that Sakakibara-san is very caring and dedicated to his wife. I often see him softly talking to the phone during the end of the working day. I'm pretty sure that he was talking to his wife then. :)
All of us except Misugai-san headed out to the station. We parted before the ramp towards the station with Sugawara-san and Morohashi-san heading towards Hankyu and us(Jin, Kawai-san, Nishino-san and me) towards JR. Nishino-san lives only around the area so he didn't need to ride the train.

3 comments:

cuteblush said...

oi, anamae.. bagay mo ni jinouchi-san.. oi.. heheh.. is there something between you two? :D but "hitori ga suki?!!!" we'll it's his loss.

cuteblush said...

hairless lagi na imo pl.. unusual for a japanese.. eheh.. nakasala na cya? jk!

kagz said...

Due to stress ata na siya. Naa siyay habit of pulling his hair out!