Saturday, September 20, 2008

Jin's Birthday


September 20, 2008 I treated Jin to a dinner on his 26th birthday. It was a great day. I wore a skirt that day. (I can't remember the last time I wore a skirt, maybe around 5 years ago? hehehe :P) I met Jin at the central exit of JR station around 5:30 in the afternoon and gave him his birthday gift there. My reservation in Bali Lax was for 6PM but we got there a little earlier than 6, around 5:40 maybe.
Luckily they were still able to accommodate us. They placed us in a little room above a small flight of stairs. It had a great ambiance and a sense of privacy. The lights were great too.(It was dark enough to vanish all my blemishes! (hahahaha)
We were given a time limit of two hours for the place.(I've never experience time limits before, in my country there's no such thing unless it's an eat-all-you-can place.) We started off with a salad, then we ordered a few recommended dishes. One was marked with 3 bell peppers but wasn't so hot. Another one was marked with only 2 but it came out hotter than the one with 3 bell pepper mark. (Talk about inconsistency! Menus can lie!) But to be fair, most of the dishes tasted fantastic for me.(I was high, so maybe you shouldn't take that as a logical judgment. hehehehe) I loved the way Jin's face looked when the lights went out and happy birthday song was played. A female staff brought the dessert birthday set with candles. He looked like he was about to bolt and run but he was smiling as the staff was climbing the stairs.(What a sweet shy boy he is and what a BADASS I am for making this comment! hehehehe.) After dinner we strolled around the streets near the restaurant and then checked Softmap for a short while. After which we were disappointingly going to the station. He said he wanted to see what was inside the gift. The truth is I was a little disappointed that he was more interested in opening the gift than talking to me. In fact, of all the dates that I have been to, this one is the shortest. On the way home, we parted towards the platform. He didn't try to give me a kiss goodbye. I couldn't let it end that way, so I asked for it. It was the first time for me to ask a guy for a kiss. But I didn't tell him that. After I kissed his cheeks and said happy birthday I felt awkward and embarrassed so without glancing back I headed out to the platform.
I guess with him there'll be a lot of first times stuff that I will experience.(Maybe later, a first rejection too. :( ) That night I sent him an email asking if the gift was of the right size.(I bought him a soccer shirt) He replied (which rarely happens, mind you!) that he was very happy and that he will cherish the picture taken during the dinner and also the gift. He reasoned he wasn't a playboy so he hasn't been kissed for quite a long time. This made me feel a little better after asking him for the kiss.
And so the day ended like that.

No comments: