Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Karaoke with Fukushima-sensei


July 21 was a saturday. That afternoon Fukushima-sensei along with Kou-san went to the karaoke in Minami-senri. You see I enrolled in this place called Suita Interpeople Frienship Association to study Japanese. I attended the wednesday night class which starts at 6:30 - 8:30 PM. Yes it was a gruelling schedule but I had no choice since there were no other good classes that I could go to anyway. During this time I was still working in Nishinakajima Minamigata which took a good 40 minutes to reach the school (15 mins walk to the station, 15 mins train ride, another 10 from the minami-senri station to the school location). But I guess now that I'm already working in Sannomiya, going to this class would be close to impossible for me.
As summer vacation for the school approached, Fukushima sensei decided to transfer to the afternoon class when the regular classes resumes after the break, hence she will not teach the night class anymore. To commemorate our good times together in class we decided to go our for karaoke just before the summer break starts.
During the karaoke session Fukushim-sensei sang Sen no Kaze song twice. I only realized how popular that song was way after we had the karaoke session. hehehehehe. She was urging us to sing along by pointing out the lyrics on the TV screen while singing. Teachers never change, no matter where you put them, they will always try to teach. :)
I sang songs from english to japanese to tagalog that afternoon. I felt very satisfied afterwards not to mention happy since I didn't pay much eventhough I ate a seafood pasta during the karaoke. :P
During class break time we usually end up talking about each of our countries. Fukushima-sensei loves Taiwan, I myself got interested in Taiwan because of her. I hope the next time she goes there, I will have enough money to go with her. Ahhhh...that would truly be SPLENDID! :)

No comments: