Monday, February 12, 2007

Esaka Team Reunion


I finally got to meet my old Esaka teammates for another night of great food and intimate conversation last February 09. The place was a little far, and it was quite hard to find despite the fact that it was beside the main highway of Umeda. (Even Oya-san got lost upon going there!) The food was great as usual. That night was a seafood night. I don't eat fish and raw food so I made most of the time by eating all other dishes other than those which was still a great selection that included crabs, lobster and oysters. Ahhhh, heaven in little bites! One dish that we ordered there used an "almost dead" shrimp as a garnish. It was sorrounded with ice upon which some raw shrimp meat was placed. It was a really big shrimp. When we tried to poke it, it moved and we were kinda surprised. It was quite a scary food really. And I felt pity for the shrimp too. You see, when the people finished consuming all the raw meat, that shrimp is taken back to the kitchen to be cooked with the soup. When the shrimp was brought back with the soup I still ate it, it was delicious, though just a few moments ago I felt pity for it. hehehehe.

That night I learned about my previous PL's current working environment. Things are a little lonely for him since the people sorrounding him at present are too serious. I hope he'll still be ok despite being alone there. That night I wanted to take "pirikura" with everyone but time was running out and we completely forgot about it. Well, there'll still be other oppurtunities, I hope.

No comments: